SMSF Specialist Course
For SMSF proficiency + 46 CPD points
Designed to enhance your proficiency in self-managed super. Ideal for:
- Advisers/accountants wanting to extend into SMSF advice
- Existing SMSF advisers wanting CPD points and a skills refresher
- Support staff servicing SMSFs
This is one of the most highly respected courses of its type, developed in association with the University of Adelaide.
Strengthen your grasp of the new super rules
The Government's super reform package launching 1 July, together with the 2017 federal budget measures, represent the biggest changes to the SMSF sector in many years. This course will provide you with a solid grasp of the new rules and the steps that need to be taken with clients.
Three consecutive days, 9am to 5pm.
Classroom style workshop.
Comprehensive workbook and copy of the slide presentation - no need to bring a laptop.
Assessment is optional with a choice of exams:
- Adelaide University online exam
- SMSF Association SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA) exam
This option is for AMP-aligned advisers who are (or are willing to become) a member of the SMSF Association. Those sitting this exam may also choose to sit the Adelaide Uni exam as practice.
Becoming licenced to provide SMSF advice
Successful course completion satisfies RG146 SMSF Specialist Knowledge requirements. Provided you are also RG146 compliant in superannuation, you will have met the necessary educational requirements to be licenced to provide SMSF advice.
Certificate from the University of Adelaide
All attendees receive a certificate of completion from the University of Adelaide (International Centre for Financial Studies).
- Ideal for those seeking SMSF proficiency and not licensing
- $1,500 (incl. GST)
Attendance plus University of Adelaide exam
- Provides the foundation to become licenced to give SMSF advice
- Satisfies RG146 SMSF Specialist Knowledge requirements
- $1,665 (incl. GST) for course attendance and exam
Option 3 - for AMP-aligned advisers only
Attendance plus the SMSF Association’s SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA) exam
- Provides SSA accreditation from the SMSF Association
- Also satisfies RG146 SMSF Specialist Knowledge requirements
- As a pre-requisite you must be an associate member of the SMSF Association - sign-up for membership then register for SSA accreditation
- $2,210 (incl. GST) for course attendance and exam
Option 4 - for AMP-aligned advisers only
Attendance plus both exams
- Suited to those eligible for Option 3 and wanting to maximise their qualifications
- The University of Adelaide exam is good practice for the SSA exam
- $2,375 (incl. GST) for course attendance and exams
- 46 CPD points for attendance and assessment
- 30 CPD points for attendance only
Financial Planning Association
- 24 CPD points
Tax Practitioners Board
- 24 CPE points
Courses at a glance
Courses at a glance
SMSF In Practice
FOR ALL PRACTITIONERS
Keep up-to-date with the latest industry and legislative developments.
UPSKILL IN A KEY AREA
Become expert in a key area of superannuation and achieve a competitive edge.