Learn from our highly skilled specialists
Our team consists of highly respected technical experts and educators with significant experience spanning government and industry, led by former National Technical Director for the SMSF Association, Peter Burgess.
We have successfully provided SMSF education and technical assistance since 1993, helping meet the needs of thousands of trustees, advisers and businesses.
General Manager, Technical Services and Education
Peter is SuperConcepts’ specialist on government policy, regulation and technical issues, and acts as SuperConcepts’ SMSF media spokesperson. Previously, Peter was National Technical Director for the SMSF Association (formerly the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia (SPAA).
Executive Manager, SMSF Technical Support
Nicholas is our Technical Services Specialist, with a focus on providing strategic advice to Trustees and Members of Self-Managed Superannuation. He brings extensive knowledge and skill from 20 years’ experience in the financial services sector, including a background in financial planning and as a SPAA Specialist Adviser.
Executive Manager, SMSF Technical and Private Wealth
Graeme is a well-known figure in the SMSF community with a long-standing reputation as an accomplished SMSF educator, technical expert and advocate for the sector. Graeme has held senior roles in the Australian Tax Office and as an Assistant Commissioner of the Insurance and Superannuation Commission. Most recently, Graeme was Director, Technical and Professional Standards at the SMSF Association.
Executive Manager, SMSF Technical Services
As Executive Manager at SuperConcepts, Mark’s primary role is providing technical and compliance support on SMSFs to financial advisers and accountants. A compliance expert, Mark ensures that our administration and compliance platform is in line with the latest superannuation and taxation rules.
Philip La Greca
Executive Manager, SMSF Technical & Strategic Solutions
Philip is an accomplished SMSF technical expert and is a sought-after media commentator on SMSF technical issues. He has over 30 years' experience working in specialist administration, technical and compliance roles with a variety of organisations, including AM Corporation and William Mercer.
- Claiming ECPI in 2016/17 – What’s the fuss about?
- Claiming ECPI – Which method to use?
- Getting asset valuations right for SMSFs
- Don’t forget about the kids
- Reform has finally landed
- SMSF record keeping: Do you know the rules – and penalties?
- Total super balance
- The benefits of running your own super fund
- Estate planning under the new rules
- SMSF professionals: Your guide to surviving tax lodgement
- Transfer balance cap and CGT relief: What needs to happen before midnight 30 June
- Budget recap: The main SMSF measures
- Should I reset the CGT cost base for my super?
- Jargon bust: ‘Total super balance’
- Just how large is the super industry?
- Super reform myths – part 2
- A busy period of change for SMSFs
- Getting under the $1.6 million pension balance cap – which pensions should I choose?
- Super reform myths – part 1
- Super things to do for 2016/17