Upskill in a key area
Our half-day masterclass is designed to provide practitioners with a high level of expertise in a key area of self-managed super.
Save tax with SMSF pensions: Managing ECPI (& the importance of forward planning)
The income an SMSF earns from its assets to pay pensions is exempt from income tax – termed ‘exempt current pension income’ (ECPI). New ATO protocols for claiming ECPI take effect in FY 2017/18, with some significant differences to prior years.
Are you aware of which claim-method to now use and how it works? Will you need to obtain an actuarial certificate – and if so what additional supporting information must now be supplied?
Claiming ECPI has been traditionally seen as the domain of accountants. However, financial planners now need an understanding to be able to advise on asset sales and ECPI ramifications.
- Learn the technical aspects of the ATO’s new ECPI approach and how it will affect the administration and compliance of SMSFs
- Learn how pension and investment strategies are impacted and why there’s the need for forward planning, and not just retrospective accounting
- Work through case studies that highlight the difference with new ECPI approach
Ideal for any professional servicing self-managed super funds, including:
- Practice support staff
|SMSF Association||CPD points will be available|
|Institute of Public Accountants||3 CPE hours*|
|Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand||3 CPE points*|
|Tax Practitioners Board||3 CPE hours*|
*You should use your own professional judgement and assess whether our programme provides professionally relevant training and the appropriate number of CPD points or CPE hours. The above allocation assumes professionally relevant training and equates one hour of training with one CPD point or one CPE hour.
$330 incl. GST
Client discount — 33% off
- Clients receive 33% off, reducing the cost to $220 incl. GST
- When registering online enter the relevant promo code
- Don't know the promo code? Refer to your invitation or phone 1300 023 170
Can't attend in-person?
Access the masterclass online
- Either view a live broadcast on 19 September at 9:00 AM AEST (an email will be sent to you providing instructions)
- Or wait until the live broadcast is finished and view a recording (post the broadcast an email will be sent to you with a link to the recording)
Courses at a glance
Courses at a glance
FOR SMSF BEGINNERS
Learn the basics in establishing and managing a self-managed super fund.
On-demand personalised SMSF education
Self-paced online learning for practitioners. Choice of 30 modules. CPD points.
UPSKILL IN A KEY AREA
Practitioners: Become an expert in a key area of self-managed super.